Thursday, July 23, 2009

Another One Bites the Dust.....

The unimaginable happened. I know it is not uncommon, but that doesn't make it any easier. We lost our store manager because of theft. It was one thing loosing Chris who didn't 'choose' to be let go. This is totally different. For the past two years I have felt things were not 'right' with him. I asked him more than once about how he was detaching himself from us. I suspected a gambling problem. There is too much to write about. I cannot. All I can say is that I am sad he never shared with me, whom he often shared confidences, how desperate he was...... And, I was right. I wrote him a letter and told him I forgave him. More importantly, he can be forgiven by a God that doesn't categorize sin. And that is the most important forgiveness of all.

No comments: