Saturday, May 22, 2010

Life

This week has been a somber one. I visited the cemetery and remembered the life of Darlene. It was almost as if all of the air was sucked out of me. I still cannot fathom that she is gone. I see her so vividly and hear her say, 'Now you aren't going to get on my last nerve are you?' I probably was - it didn't take much. Her last words to me as I sat by her bedside as she drifted in and were, 'You are sitting here while I sleep. Now that is a true friend.' I knew it wouldn't be long and it wasn't. She knew that too.

Last night - potential of a new life in the form of a baby. Such a precious life. As the young mother told me she hates to think of terminating her baby, I just couldn't fathom it. Praying. Praying. Praying.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Loved your comment to me about cats at the vet! I have never heard" been pulled through a small hole backward." That is so funny!!!!!