Sunday, February 15, 2009

America, America

The first time I really became aware, experienced American pride, was at my first American basketball game when I was 16. We had just moved back from PR. Things were still so new. So confusing. Before the game, the band played 'The Star Spangled Banner'. All of a sudden, it hit me - I was an American. I was proud to be an American.
Tonight during the Truth Project, the tour was about our heritage. Could we have come any further? There are numerous verses in the Bible that say what happens to a country who does not serve the Lord. It is evident in America.
Go into a closet. It is dark. Open the door. It is light. The dark does not diffuse into the light, but rather the light into the dark. What an interesting, yet so simple concept. What would happen if all of us little lights would diffuse into the darkness of our world?
America, America - God shed His grace on thee. And crown thy good with brotherhood, from sea to shining sea.

No comments: