Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring Promise



Indiana is not known for predictable weather. I normally tell everyone that I never believe the weatherman - what happens will happen. This week snow. Last week sun.

One of the men at work has flower gardens at his home. This week he brought me in a couple of hyacinths. I guess I never was aware of them before. They have an amazing fragrance. These were purple but the underbellies were an incredible shade of blue. I always said that God must love color because He has been so generous with it in the world He has created.

The seasons change. We move from Winter to Spring and then sometimes back to Winter. There are different colors for each season - from pure, sparkly white to deep purple. There is a beauty to each season. There is also an ugliness sometimes. So it is true in our lives. The changing seasons never fail to remind me Who created them - both the beautiful and the not so beautiful. I am thankful there are lessons to be learned from each.....

No comments: