Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Liars Never Prosper....

My former EMT instructor would often say, 'Liars never prosper.' I often shared that bit of wisdom with my children.....

People never cease to amaze me. To astound me. To sadden me. Life is so precious and there are so many sweet mamas who are struggling with pregnancies, with terminally ill children, with financial failure. Why would someone who professes to love the Lord prey on so many and draw attention from those who truly could use a kind word or some real intercession before the Lord?

I began to wonder about this woman a few weeks ago. I know enough about the world of midwifery to know that a reputable midwife would not deliver a high risk pregnancy at home. Wouldn't a parent of a child with a terminal prognosis do anything possible to make sure they are not suffering and perhaps give them the medical intervention they need? Many trisomy 13 children have cleft palates. This child appeared beautiful - also rather large for her small weight. This child supposedly nursed - this really got me thinking because of the suck/swallow reflex in many low weight children.

There were other red flags as well. It does bother me that she pulled so many in. What really troubles me the most is that she pulled the Holy name of the Lord into her lies. We can judge her all we want, but He will be the ultimate judge and standing before Him is not going to be 'rosey' at all.

1 comment:

Steve+Marie Douglas said...

I have come across this 'April rose scam in several blogs but I am not aware at all about what happened but there are SO many angry people what happened?!?!!?