Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Secret Place - No More.....

My first three bags of personal items went to the women's shelter this week. It is a secret place to me no longer - although it is a place of secrets. It is a large place. A place where visitors need to be buzzed in. A place whose play area is surrounded by a tall fence and topped with barbed wire rolls. An inner city place where public transportation is readily available.

Tomorrow my first Woman's Shelter new hire will begin work. I am excited. I actually got a second phone call from another Women's ministry about another woman in dire straits. My co-workers may not share my passion. They don't tend to be as 'forgiving' as I am about certain traits. For several years I have been burdened for women in muslim countries. Perhaps God is leading me towards women right here in Elkhart, Indiana. I am excited to see where the path leads.....how I can minister.....how I can share The Answer, The Hope, The Way....

1 comment:

Katie said...

Becky, what words of hope you gave me. Just this weekend a few girls who have lost babies in the past ministered so much to me. Maybe one day I can give another woman hope in her loss.