Friday, September 18, 2009

Meeting Jenevieve

Today I got to see Jenevieve for the very first time. Yes, 'it' is a 'she'.

As the technician took her measurements it reminded me of how fearfully and wonderfully we are woven. When I took my EMT class, I have no reason to believe that the instructor was saved, but as he shared about our human bodies he said, 'And now you know why I do not believe in evolution'.

As the tech was moving her wand around, I noticed that the measurements varied. The head in particular measured two weeks ahead of Jordan's gestation. I didn't want to alarm Jordan but I did ask the tech if it was normal for certain parts of the body to measure so different. When Jordan asked why I wondered, I told her I noticed that the head was measuring larger than her gestation.

After the ultra sound we went up to see our dear friend Darlene. She has been having a very hard time. Jordan showed her the pictures and the first thing she said was, 'That baby has a big head!' How funny.

No comments: