Friday, November 28, 2008

Thankfulness

It was rather a shock that first time we got Bob's meds and they were over 600.00. I called Medical Assistance and they gave some suggestions which helped 'tweak' it to 300.00 the following month. It was frustrating that insurance would not pick up the majority of it. We then got a phone call from someone that said the pharmacist needed to process the claim differently and told us to send the bill in. Taxes are due. Christmas is here. Money is tight. I prayed specifically that the Lord would allow us to be re-imbursed by Wednesday so I could pay taxes next week. Wednesday when I opened the mail, there were the two re-imbursement checks.
My mind went to the story of the lepars. One returned to thank the Lord for healing. I had Edwin with me and although he did not understand, I said, 'Edwin, I prayed specifically that the Lord would re-imburse us today. I want you to know that He answered that prayer.' Such a minor detail for the One who owns the cattle on a thousand hills and the wealth in every mine. Today I came into work and shared that answer with Connie. Chad was sitting there. He is not a Believer, but that answer to prayer gave me an indirect way to witness to him. Did I seriously think He would answer that prayer in such a specific timeframe? I asked didn't I? It was the desire of my heart wasn't it? No, He doesn't always answer in such a manner but when He does, I need to share that answer so others know His goodness. I need to thank Him.
Thanksgiving was very nice. Sharing it with two outside our family was a way to minister. Keeping Edwin and Jocelyn all night the night before - not too smart!!

No comments: