Saturday, November 29, 2008

Where's Jesus?


Today I was putting out the Nativity scene that B brought back for us from Israel. It is something that I treasure.
A few years ago I was putting it out and I could not find baby Jesus amidst all the tissue. I remember thinking, "Where is baby Jesus? Where is baby Jesus?" It reminded me that often I loose sight of Jesus as I go throughout the trappings of Christmas.
I have to work. I have to decorate the house. I have to find time to visit my mom. I have to buy and wrap gifts. I have to do baking. I have to send out cards. I have church activities, family activities, work activities. Where is baby Jesus in all of this? Is He there? Do I remember the simplicity of His birth?
Just exactly where IS baby Jesus?

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Hi, I'm Marie's friend Cindy. I just happened to read your blog today and I love what you posted about "Where is Baby Jesus?" So true. It's so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of Christmas and forget about Jesus.
Thank you for reminding me of that!
God Bless