Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Countdown

I am one of those people who strives for 'the perfect Christmas'. Maybe because I am a dreamer. What has amazed me this year is that what seemed so important before, is not. One of the kids asked us to cut back on the gifts. I love giving gifts. I have cut back and am amazed at how much easier things have gone. I had a perfect menu. Bob can't eat all that fat so once again, I have 'tweaked' the menu to better accomodate him. Again, there really isn't that much that I will miss. Normally I stress about when we can get together. This year, with Christmas Eve being on Wednesday and with two different churches involved, we might not be able to get together on Christmas Eve. Last weekend was our traditional 'cut our tree' weekend. We cut ours fresh from the Lowe's parking lot!
One thing is constant. One thing has not changed. We are celebrating the birth of a Savior. My Savior. Working retail takes so much joy out of Christmas but this year, things have been less stressful there. Rather than missing 3 church services in December, it looks like I won't miss any. Normally I miss singing Christmas carols but this year, I won't. Normally I have to tweak my hours so I can go to programs. This year I won't. My mind floats back to when we did 'The Best Christmas Pageant Ever'. Maybe this will be true of my Christmas this year.

No comments: