Saturday, December 26, 2009

Letter to William

My Dear William -

How I miss you! Although we celebrated Christmas yesterday, a part of me was missing - you. It has been so long since I have been able to hug you and tell you how special you are to me. It is important for you to know that I am not with you because I do not love you. I love you so very much.

This past Summer was full of making so many memories. I wish I would have known that they would have to last for such a long time. I hope you don't forget the day we went to the beach, the cookouts at the lake, the water park picnic. You had so much fun with your cousins and yet to protect them, to protect my time with them, I must give up time with you. I know you do not understand, have maybe been told things that are not even true, but in your heart I hope you know that Grandpa and I will always love you and be here for you when you need us.

The most important thing you got to do when you lived with Uncle Patrick and Aunt Jordan is to go to church. Ah William! You will never know how happy I was that for a short time, you got to hear about The Way, The Truth, The Life. You are still young and just beginning to learn right from wrong, truth from lies. Your little life has been full of lies. Full of ugliness. For such a short time you saw what it was like to be clean, to be disciplined, to be taught right from wrong. For such a short time we saw you function as a normal little boy with rules and boundries. I pray that a miracle will happen and you will find the Lord and as you grow, be able to see a different way of living than what you have been used to.

I love you William. I miss you. I am entrusting you into His care because for now, He is the only one I can trust to watch over you........

No comments: