Thursday, December 31, 2009

You are My Sunshine!


Happy Birthday Dear Aleyna! You are my sunshine!

I remember the first time I ever saw you. You were a week old. You had WILD red hair sticking straight up on your head. You were SO scrawny. You looked like a little orangutan.
Your daddy was holding you and your little arms and legs were going every which way. How I
longed to wrap you in my arms and cuddle you close to me. We were so excited as we drove mile by mile to South Carolina to see you for the very first time.

Six years have passed. Your hair is more strawberry blonde. You aren't so scrawny. We don't have to drive to SC to see you.

Aleyna, I love your happy heart. I love your cheerful, squeaky voice. I love your hugs. I love your excitement about the little things in life. What I love most of all is your love for Jesus and I cannot wait to see what He is going to do in your life someday!

No comments: