Saturday, January 30, 2010

Going on.....

Life continues to circle around me. I have learned that people come and people go. A year ago we got a new District manager. He was a huge, bald man that A was extremely intimidated by. A once told me he didn't know what was going to happen to him with this guy as his boss. He made me nervous, and I tried to remain out of sight when he came to our store.
Fast forward a year. A got let go for dishonesty. It was a rough time. An exhausting time. One ASM running around like a chicken with her head cut off. One very negative and nasty. That kind of left me as the point of contact. J and I built a relationship. I contacted him with problems. He contacted me when he wanted things done. I was told that I was the only one with common sense. Now that is rather a shock!
On Thursday R found out that our district has been realigned. We now have a new district manager. Made me kind of sad. I was the only one R told so when everyone else found out, I emailed J and wished him well. I thanked him for his coaching and for supporting me. He emailed me back immediately thanking me and telling me I was the best. We came a long way........

No comments: