Saturday, January 10, 2009

Juliet is TWO!

She loves snow!
She loves food!
She loves Bitty Baby!

When Jordan was expecting Jocelyn, she asked if I would be her labor coach. One of the 'conditions' I set was that after I took pictures of their family together, I would leave so that they would have that time together. I did that, and no one could have anticipated the issues that arose due to Jordan's pre-eclampsia. She wished I would not have left so that I could have been her support while Patrick was involved with Jocelyn.

We knew Jordan would have to have a C-section with Juliet. She called me two years ago and said they had to be at the hospital at noon. They drove over so that I could follow them, arriving together at the same time. I told Jordan that only one person, Patrick, could be with her in the OR but to ask if I could wait and when he left recovery, I could stay with her while he was with the baby. As we were waiting in the room for the time to get her ready for surgery, Deb Smith walked in. She asked if I was going in with Jordan and I told her no, that Patrick was. She asked if I wanted to and I told her I assumed only one person could go. She told me not to assume and with Jordan and Patrick's permission, I was also allowed in the OR.

It really was ideal. Patrick and I would alternate between Jordan, who was slightly out of it, and little Juliet. Juliet Rebecca Katherine. Now it doesn't get much better than that!