Thursday, January 1, 2009

Traveling Light


I am not a 'resolution' maker. I do much better with 'goals'.

The Bible tells us that we are sojourners here on earth. This is not our home.

When someone travels, a good traveler knows how to travel light. There are limits as to what one can take with them. In a sense, I am just a visitor here on earth - a tourist, waiting to go home to Heaven. My goal this year is to travel light.

I am more people oriented than possession oriented, but I do still like those clothes and accessories that make me feel good. Do I really need all of them? I jokingly say that I would have made a good Shaker because I like simplicity. But still, I do like some pretty things sitting around. And then there is that weight I am carrying. Yep. Since not going to weight watchers, loosing some of that would definitely help me to travel lighter!

This is a phrase I want to embed in my mind this year. Travel light. Help me to see that this is not my home, I'm just a passing through.........

1 comment:

the smiling fat girl said...

great new years resolution. i like it.