Friday, March 27, 2009

Day by Day by Day



It has been almost two weeks since Darlene had her mastectomy. The last drainage tube came out this week. She will be returning to her own home. A lot has happened in the 9 months since she called me and told me she has cancer. Now she faces another round of radiation.

My goal, my prayer, when all of this began was to show Christ to Darlene through my love for her. It has strengthened our friendship. When I talked to her the other day, she said, 'One Sunday I am going to church with you.' What could be more musical to my ears? Sometimes it is hard to live your life so that you are unashamed to gaze into the face of God. What an awesome, scary thought. I pray that my co-workers see a difference in me. That I stand for what is right. That I am not swayed by the crowd. That I do not yield to temptation. That I do right. Even if the stars fall.

No comments: