Wednesday, May 13, 2009

God Knows About Your First Heartbeat



Today I got to hear the heartbeat belonging to our latest grandchild-to-be. Out of soon to be ten, I have heard the heartbeat of 7 future grandchildren. As I track their weekly development, it never ceases to amaze me how God weaves them within their mother's womb. Hearing that heartbeat is a connection. A bond. Tangible evidence of a life in the making. A unique person that is a clean slate.

The Bible has so much to say about God's baby weaving ability. It also talks of generations and the importance of teaching passed down. Each new grandchild is a time for me to take stock. To get with the program.

As each week goes by, I know how this child is developing physically. Someday I hope to see him or her develop spiritually. That is where generations come in.

No comments: