Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Memories

Memorial Day always seems somewhat poignant. I never have taken for granted those who died serving our country. Serving my country. It always seems like a bittersweet day.

This year the kids all came to the cabin for a cookout. It is really the first time since Christmas that all of the little people have been together. They had so much fun. They loved running into the woods for firewood. I can't wait to see who comes down with poison ivy first. I love the fact that they are so close in age. I remember the relationship I had with a few of my cousins and hope they too develop that closeness. It was also a day of gratitude for Jordan. She had some pregnancy problems the day before and thus far, God has spared the life of this little soul.


Edwin could not get enough of the woods.



Robert fell so hard that his eye patch was scraped!



It doesn't get much better than this! The 'cousins' had so much fun together!


Some lip licking ice cream to end the day! The kids went home dirty and happy!

No comments: