Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Meeting Jenavieve

Today at noon, Jordan will be admitted to EGH. We are ready. We are waiting. We are excited. We are scared. For me, I take being a labor coach very seriously. I don't have a lot of self confidence but this is one thing I think I do well. It is also awkward because Patrick will be there as Jordan's support person but I must be in charge. I demand that. I expect that.

Six years ago when Jocelyn was born, I told Jordan I would coach but would leave immediately following the birth so they could be a family. Little did I know what would happen afterwards. The horror of that first week. The life that seeped out of Jordan because of blood pressure problems. This time I am prepared.

A new grandchild! A new generation. As we think of three generations, I am so extremely proud of Jordan and Patrick and their faith. The faith of their parents have truly become theirs. I pray the faith of her grandparents and parents will come alive someday in the life of Jenavieve.

1 comment:

Steve+Marie Douglas said...

hi becky, checking in on Jordan