Monday, September 8, 2008

Generations

Today my vacation week began! I went to Wakarusa to help mom get some things done on her house. Before we began, I took her to the park to walk. I thought about Generations. It is special to hear her share memories. She got out a scrapbook of her almost fatal accident. How scary that had to be not only for her, but for my grandma. We talked about my dad and how we miss him not being here to meet his great-grandchildren. Jordan came over with her two J's to help out. Four generations.
Generations. We can choose life for them. We can choose death for them. They reap what we sow. It is so sobering to ponder that. The choices I make might affect my great-grandchildren. My mom asked me if I thought Jocelyn would remember her. I assured her she would. I remember my great-grandma. Perhaps I am passing down some of her traits.......Generations........

No comments: