Monday, October 13, 2008

Anniveraries and labels!

Anniversaries can be sad or they can be happy. October has some of each. October is the anniversary of the death of my Dad and also the baby that Jordan would have had. Last night we sat on the porch and talked about death and our responses to it and how some days were so hard and some days were much easier. It is also the anniversary of life - finding out about the boys. I will never forget the day Dryscha called me at work and said, 'Mom, there were not two heartbeats. There were three!'
Today I refound a verse in Jeremiah that says, "Your words were found and I ate them. And thy words became for me a joy and the delight of my heart." One of my biggest struggles is taking the time to eat His words. I am such a simple thinker! This reminds me of the fact that in the earthly sense, we have a new diet for Bob to follow. By doing so, his physical heart will be delighted because they are healthy foods that are being eaten. We have to search the aisles of the grocery and look at labels to seek these foods out. To make better choices. That is also true of the Spiritual Word. I need to seek it out. Read 'the labels' of what I am faced with in the world. Make the better choice. Does this book edify the Lord? What about what I am saying to my co-workers? Should I go here? Should I listen to this?
It is just one Bible verse out of a multide of many. If only one verse can say SO much - how much more can I find by simply 'reading the labels' and spiritual nutrition warnings found in His word.

1 comment:

Steve+Marie Douglas said...

so very true!
wish I had your ability to write like that.
'labels'... ... i'm gonna share that with the ladies on tuesday prayer
:)