Sunday, October 5, 2008

Simon/Peter or Rebecca/Becky

I have always enjoyed Peter. Probably because we have some of the same character traits - passionate, impulsive, feet in the mouth similarities. Today Pastor was sharing about Peter and something I didn't realize is that often when Christ communicated to Peter about things he was demonstrating through his flesh, He called him Simon. When Peter was walking close to the Lord, and in the Spirit, he was called Peter. I wonder if God looks at me and sometimes thinks -' Oh Rebecca. You messed up that time. You took your eyes off me. You denied me.' And perhaps sometimes He says, 'Becky, you allowed Me to work through you. I was reflected in the choice you made.' Hmmm.
Tonight we began The Truth Project. I need to ponder that so I can articulate my perceptions without being distracted.
Jocelyn sang a duet tonight. Now that was amazing. It was just this past Christmas that they had to force her on the stage with her SS class and then when everyone marched off, she would stand and cry. She chose the songs - about the blood of Christ. She touched hearts. Now that is the truth...

2 comments:

Steve+Marie Douglas said...

HOW PRECIOUS... Your Juliette!!
WOW! THANKS FOR SHARING THE WORD YOU RECIEVED TODAY! It blessed me too!!!

Steve+Marie Douglas said...

ME AGAIN... I cant add you to my siade bar cause I don't have your http//: info to type into my link box :(
DO YOU THINK YOU CAN GO ONTO YOUR DASH BOARD WHERE YOU 1st sign on and find where it says blogs I follow then type in
elijahnathanieldouglas.blogspot.com
then click follow and then you will be one of my follwers or else I need you to email me your INFO on our private emails so we can excahnge the info i need to add you to my blog page okay :)