Saturday, October 4, 2008

Looking Up

Yesterday I went up to the cabin for the night. I have always said that Fall is my time of the year and there is nothing like Fall up at the lake. Well, there probably is, but I like it up at the lake during Fall! What fun building the bonfire last night and roasting marshmellows. Seeing cousins play together. Walking as a family.
This morning, I took Ruger for a walk. It was somewhat dark out. The path was hard to see through the woods. Obviously it is a dirt road so it is full of ruts. All of a sudden I looked up and there were three deer. They were just standing there watching me watch them. I thought about that and how so often we walk through hard and dark times with our heads down. We forget to look up and in so doing, miss the blessings that continue to come our way - even when things are seemingly dark and uncertain.
Today I am praying for some of my fellow bloggers who are going through dark times. I pray they will see blessings that the Lord will put in front of them if they only look up!

1 comment:

Steve+Marie Douglas said...

Ooooh girl you just spok e "LIFE" into me! "I lift my eyes to the hills from where does my help come from? my help comes from the maker of heaven and earth"
I just love how evident the HIS SPIRIRT is in you!
My prayer is to be a blessing to someone just like you have been in my life :)
Marie