Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Crazy Cathy

Today I took the girls and went to visit Cathy. It has been a long time since we were together. Not really sure what happened between us. I think for a bit we took different paths. She is probably the friend I have had the longest. One of my biggest regrets is having no childhood friends that I am in contact with. Of course they were all in PR. I sometimes miss not being connected to someone!
In our house she is known as 'Crazy Cathy'. I have never met anyone who gets herself into as much trouble as Cathy does. People that know both of us are in shock at our friendship because we are so totally opposite. All those years ago, the kids would turn off t.v. and watch her. That's how crazy she is.....Now they just worry that when we are together she will really do something crazy and we will end up in jail....
Cathy and I have been through a lot together. We don't really spend a lot of time together but when something momentous happens in our lives, we always share with each other first. I think we don't spend a lot of time together because our lives do go in different ways--I have my faith, she has her possessions. I have my family and she has a family that she struggles with. I am content with little and she must have lots. I am a day person and she is most definately a night person.
It amazes me that in this world, God brought us together. I know He did. Maybe He gave me a little craziness to balance my seriousness......

No comments: