Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Second Chances

I was looking at Jonah the other day and as always when looking into the Word, saw something that struck me and I have pondered it.
In Jonah 1:1, the Bible says that 'The Word of the Lord came to Jonah.' We all know what happened. In Jonah 3:2 it says, 'The Word of the Lord came to Jonah the second time saying...'
How gracious of God not to give up on us. How often does the Word of God come to Becky saying.......and it is not heeded? How often does the Word of God come to Becky the second and even third, fourth, and fifth times saying...... ?
I once told Jocelyn that when I see a butterfly, it reminds me that God is a God of Second Chances. A butterfly starts out as a larvae so very ugly and undesirable, but after that time of rest, it metaphorps into the final product. It spends time crawling in the dirt before getting its wings so it can rise above. It reminds me that I need to get out of crawling around in the dirt on my belly, rest in the Word of the Lord, and become metamorphed into who He wants me to be.

No comments: