Thursday, October 16, 2008

Slow Fade

Last night in church we talked about sin - particularly Eve's sin and the consequences. One thing that touched me was the fact that God went into the garden in the cool of the day and asked Adam where he was. He missed Adam. He must miss me when I am not being faithful.
There's a song by Casting Crowns called 'Slow Fade'. The lyrics of that song really touch my heart each time I hear it.

Be careful little eyes what you see
It's the second glance that ties your hands as darkness pulls the strings
Be careful little feet where you go
For its the little feet behind you that are sure to follow.

I have so many little feet behind me. Not only the little feet of my 9 precious grandchildren, but also feet of newer Christians, weaker Christians, non-Christians. I was telling my new HR District Coach that I felt one of my most important jobs was keeper of not only integrity, but also morale.

It's a slow fade when you give yourself away.
It's a slow fade when black and white have turned to gray.
Thoughts invade, choices are made, a price will be paid
when you give yourself away
People never crumble in a day
It's a slow fade.

It is a slow fade when black and white turn to gray. It is so easy to justify our sins. To rationalize them. I think that is the first step. I really have to watch my thought process'. That is a weakness for me. Some prices have already been paid as a result of the choices I have made. I need to discern those areas of my life that I can slowly fade in.....

No comments: