Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Seasons of Life

Last night we went to see my mom and afterwards, walked around the walking track in Wakarusa. As we were walking, I thought about everything that had happened since I last walked it. The temperature was cooler and the leaves had begun to change. Some of the trees have 'In Memory' signs in front of them. One of them was for Steve Schwalm, a great guy who was a year behind me and in my Driver's Training Class.
There are seasons in our life just as in nature. When Steve and I were in school together, I was 16. Had just moved here from PR. So many things to experience yet. It was a season of care free days, new friends, new memories.
Since that time there have been deaths, weddings, births. Each one brought a new season in my life. A season as a wife. A season as a mom. A season without a parent. A season as a grandparent. Again - new experiences and memories throughout each of those years.
I realized how innocent I was when I walked that path in August. No concept that Bob would have a heart attack. Our life changes so quickly. The seasons change. Just as the landscape in nature changes with each season, so does the landscape in our lives.
It amazes me that one thing has not changed throughout eternity and one thing never will. God was here at the beginning of each season of my life and He will see me through the last season. Sometimes I move from Him but then I remember that when we aren't as close as we used to be, it was me who did the moving. Fall is my favorite season. Perhaps this is also the Fall of my life and I need to strive to make it a good season for both myself and for my family.
Now if I could just get some pictures to post on this blog...........

1 comment:

Steve+Marie Douglas said...

YES HE REMAINS CONSTANT THROUGH OUT THE SEASONS OF THE AGES!!!