Monday, October 6, 2008

The Truth Project

Last night we started 'The Truth Project' at church. I am not a deep thinker. I normally grab on to something very simple and ponder it and apply it to my life situation. 'The Truth Project' is huge. It is deep. It is actually rather amazing.
If asked why Jesus came into the world, we, I would probably say to save us from our sins. John 18:37 says He came to testify to the Truth. The premise of 'The Truth Project' is to take every aspect of our lives - from history to social, and see it from a Scriptural standpoint - from God's Truth. The ultimate purpose is to gaze upon the face of God. I don't even have the words. To look at each aspect of my life the way God does and in so doing, to gaze upon His face. To feel that coal upon my lips as Isaiah did. I need Him to have my attention. I need Him to have those little corners I don't want to give up. I need to gaze upon His face.
Two of the best things at work are Connie and Chris C. Although Chris C is more like me doctinally, I appreciate the passion that Connie has. Her fearlessness in sharing the Lord with anyone - everywhere. I can't wait to share this with them.

4 comments:

Steve+Marie Douglas said...

BECKY WE ARE ALL PRAYING I PUT YOUR HUSBANDS HEALTH NEED ON MY BLOG!!!

Bobbie said...

Hi Becky,

I found you from Marie's blog, just wanted to let you know I am praying for you.

Sallie said...

Thinking of you in NC

Anonymous said...

I found you from Marie's blog, we are praying for your husband's health and you.

Jessica