Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Day

This morning the girls and I were driving to Wakarusa to visit my mom. I was kind of tired. Kind of grumpy. My thoughts were drifting to the fact that I had been counting the days until this vacation. I had everything planned out. Where I would go. (the cabin) What I would do. (read, walk, sleep, eat) What I would eat. (pepperoni rolls and turtle pie). Instead I am at home this week watching 5 kids and eating healthy. Little walking. Little reading. Jocelyn began to sing:
This is the day that the Lord hath made.
Not like tomorrow or yesterday.
He made today in a special way.
Let us all sing and be glad.

I love Fall. I was enjoying God's creation. I also love that verse in the Bible. It IS the day that the Lord hath made. I am at peace with the fact that I am home. That peace comes from God. My plans were not His plans for this week but that is okay. I am thankful I can be a blessing to my family. Once again, my kids needed me to help them out and His timing was perfect. I can be off this week to do that. Each day of life is special and for that I can be glad.

1 comment:

Steve+Marie Douglas said...

PPERFECT PEACE THAT SURPASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING ~ SWEET PERFECT PEACE!
PSALMS 103:1-5
Marie